LOGISTEED, Ltd. (hereinafter, “LOGISTEED”) handles a variety of information including in-house technical information as well as information obtained from our customers as a global solution provider offering seamless services to entire global supply chain. Accordingly, LOGISTEED has strived to establish and implement an information management system that respects the value of such information.
In light of this background, LOGISTEED has prescribed rules and established a management system regarding personal information protection; prescribed the personal information protection policy laid out below and informed directors and employees, while taking measures to grant general public an easy access to the information. Moreover, according to this policy, LOGISTEED strives to protect personal information appropriately.
(1) Formulation of Personal Information Protection Management Rules and Continuous Improvement of Personal Information Protection Management System
LOGISTEED shall formulate and implement personal information protection management rules in order to raise awareness for the importance of personal information among directors and employees, and to appropriately use and protect personal information. LOGISTEED shall maintain and continue to improve these rules.
(2) Collection, Usage, and Provision of Personal Information and Prohibition of Use beyond Original Purpose
In consideration of the fact that LOGISTEED is entrusted with the customer’s information in its business activities, LOGISTEED shall establish a management system for personal information protection specific to each operation, and appropriately handle the collection, usage and provision of personal information according to the established rules. LOGISTEED shall not use personal information for other than the purpose of such information and shall take measures to prevent such misuse.
(3) Implementation and Corrective Actions of Safety Measures
In order to secure the accuracy and safety of personal information, LOGISTEED shall implement measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for external use of personal information, and preventing unauthorized external access in compliance with the rules for information security and thereby prevent the leakage, loss, alteration, or destruction of personal information. In case some security issues are identified, LOGISTEED shall immediately take action to correct them.
(4) Compliance with Laws and Codes
LOGISTEED shall comply with the Japanese laws and codes applicable to the protection of relevant personal information. Moreover, LOGISTEED shall adapt its personal information management rules to comply with these laws and codes.
(5) Respect for the Rights of the Individual Concerning Personal Information.
When the individual requests for his or her personal information to be disclosed, corrected, deleted, or seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, complained or consulted, LOGISTEED shall respond in good faith respecting the rights of the individual pertaining to the personal information.
(6) Definition of Personal Information
Based on Personal Information Protection Policy, LOGISTEED protects and manages personal information with the greatest care and to the best of its ability. LOGISTEEDshall define that personal information means information about individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions about them, or a number, symbol, code, image or sound designated to them, that identifies the individuals (it shall also Include information that cannot identify individuals by itself but can be easily matched with other information to thereby identify individuals) In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition, and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including physical characteristics, property, occupation, and status.
(7) Collection/Usage Purpose and Provision to Third party
- LOGISTEED shall acquire and use personal information only within what is necessary for the following purposes. In addition, when LOGISTEED requests personal information directly from you or a customer, collection/usage purpose shall be clarified in advance, and your or a customer’s consent must be obtained.
- Execution of the contract between LOGISTEED and you or a customer.
- Communication for business negotiations and meetings with you or a customer
- Provision of after-sales service to you or a customer
- Sending information on events and new services to you or a customer
- Provision of various membership services to you or a customer
- Response to various inquiries from you or a customer.
- Analysis based on questionnaires from you or a customer to improve services.
- Usage of escrowed personal information from a customer in the consignment business.
- Provision of personal information to the group company involved in collaborative business activities with LOGISTEED.
- Administrative work regarding company stocks
- LOGISTEED shall not provide personal information to any third party without obtaining consent except in the following cases.
- Cases in which laws require the provision of personal information
- Cases in which the provisions of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with the government, local authorities, or an individual or entity entrusted by them in executing the operations prescribed by laws, and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
- Cases in which handling of personal information is commissioned to a third party within the scope of collection/usage purpose.
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the take-over of business in a merger or otherwise.
- Cases in which LOGISTEED provides information on board members and shareholders contained in the information about their respective corporate body or other organizations and that the person has already disclosed such information, corporate body, or other organizations in compliance with the law.
- LOGISTEED may provide personal information i.e., name, home and work addresses, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, to our group companies when required for joint projects. Under such circumstances, personal information is provided in print or electronic media. You are entitled to request us to stop providing your personal information to our group companies.
(8) Use of Cookie and Web Beacon
Cookies and web beacons (clear GIF) are used on some parts of our website to offer a more convenient web experience. You can set it to refuse a cookie or to display a warning message when you receive it by adjusting the web browser setup. For more details, please refer to the instructions on your web browser. Moreover, you can reject a web beacon by setting it to refuse the receipt of a cookie. However, please understand that all or part of our services on our website may become unavailable to you when you refuse a cookie.
Refers to information exchanged mutually between a web server that controls the website and your web browser. Cookies may be stored as files on your computer disk. If you use a cookie, the web server can track and record information about which pages in the website the particular computer has visited, etc. However, we cannot identify who you are unless you enter your personal information on the website.
(2) Web Beacon:
Refers to technology that functions with a cookie and can determine how many times a page has been viewed. However, we cannot identify who you are unless you enter your personal information when receiving cookies.
(3) Requests for personal information disclosure, complaints, or consultation
When you request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension, suspension of provision to third parties, or notification of the purpose of use (hereafter, “disclosure, etc.”) in regards to your personal information provided to LOGISTEED, or when you wish to file complaints or receive a consultation, please follow the procedures below.
- If you wish to request disclosure, etc. of the personal information you provided to LOGISTEED, please refer to Requests Regarding Disclosure of Information.
- For complaints and consultation on our handling of personal information, please get in touch with us via telephone, etc. at this contact window below.
(4) Please Read
- While most of LOGISTEED’s services can be used without requiring your personal information, please note that some services are unavailable unless your personal information is submitted to us.
- Please note that LOGISTEED is not responsible for securing your personal information in any non-LOGISTEED websites linked to the LOGISTEED website.
- When you enter your personal information on the LOGISTEED website, you must agree to the purpose of use, etc. specified on the LOGISTEED website. It depends on your intention whether you agree or not; if you do not agree, otherwise, you may not use our services (including inquiries). In addition, anyone aged 15 or younger shall provide personal information with the consent of his/her parent or guardian.
(5) Special Notes
- The laws of Japan shall govern the personal information protection policy of LOGISTEED.
- LOGISTEED may revise this document, “About Personal Information Protection,” to improve the handling of personal information and/or in accordance with the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules and regulations.
- The implementation of this document, “About Personal Information Protection,” shall be on or after the issued date (including the update date).
- If individual LOGISTEED website pages list their own personal information policy, or when they are linked to such policy, the provisions in this “About Personal Information Protection” shall supersede such policies.
- Conversations may be recorded when you contact us by telephone to ensure an accurate response.
(6) Contact us
For requests concerning the disclosure of personal information, complaints, and any other inquiries regarding our information protection, please get in touch with the following.
Jessica Warnke, CEO